What are our characteristics? Here is a list containing a few:
- Small and friendly;
- Both gathered and local;
- Informal setting;
- A lovely mix of people from different backgrounds and walks of life;
- All ages: children are very much part of the group;
- Welcoming to students;
- Willing to try new ideas in worship;
- An extended family;
- Tolerant and respectful, sharing a mix of views;
- A mixture of more formal worship and group Bible study/discussion etc.
- A teaching church and a learning church;
- We aim to be a fairly traded church;
- We enjoy music – what we lack in talent we make up for in enthusiasm with piano and guitars.
- We support the Bangladesh project within Commitment for Life
- We encourage our minister in his work in the local community, with The Roby and with his interfaith work with local Muslims and his international links particularly with Bangladesh.